The following errors in the hardcover edition of Family of Secrets were corrected in the paperback version:
- E. Howard Hunt did not attend Yale; he went to Brown University.
- The testimony of General Vernon Walters before Congress occurred on May 14, 1973, not March 14, 1973, as stated on page 235.
- Jack Gleason did not serve as best man at Lowell Weicker’s wedding, as stated on page 212.
- Joseph McBride found the J. Edgar Hoover memo at the Cal State San Bernardino Library, not in a public library as stated on page 7. He was not working for Variety in 1985.
- Lewis “Scooter” Libby did not receive a pardon from President George W. Bush. His sentence was commuted, but he was not pardoned.
The following error inadvertently reappeared in the paperback edition:
- Ben Bradlee did not attend Yale; he went to Harvard University.
- A second mention of Hunt attending Yale was inadvertently carried over from the hardcover to the paperback.